GTA 5 Police
Welcome to GTA 5 Police Community Forums!
Home of the New York City Role play Servers.
Please make your forum account to match your in game name.

On the topic of Bans.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On the topic of Bans.

Post by KlutchDecals on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:28 pm

So recently I've seen a bunch of bans and I got to thinking about a suggestion.
I would suggest instead of banning players, sending them to jail for a while. Banning certainly gets the job done and rids the issue, but One thing Iv'e realized it that people who sign on just to RDM or act stupid, they don't care for the server, its just the next on the list. I think if you jailed instead of banning, they may be likely to wait it out for a bit and realize that this server really is better than they may have thought. If they just leave, the issue resolves itself anyway. Player count may not be an issue now, but if they open it up to more players and you guys take donations or make a small store in the future, you certainly don't want to have a ban list 200 players long.

If you DO decide to ban anyway, I would suggest making the bans a little more professional. Ive seen the reason for almost every ban is "You know what you did". To me, this just seems like a childish way to rid someone and almost seems like a power trip haha. To keep the server looking professional since the bans are public, I would suggest actually stating the ban reason so you can find it on the appeal in the future and have that level of professionalism that not many servers have. Just a few small things that arent a huge deal but I feel they go a long way. Having a guideline to follow is always a good thing on a staff team. Thanks for reading!

-Klutch
KlutchDecals
Civilian

In Game Job : Owner of Tequi-la-la

http://www.KlutchDecals.com

Back to top Go down

Re: On the topic of Bans.

Post by R. James on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:01 pm

Hey Klutch, thanks for the suggestion. I have seen that reason listed many times as well, and I think it's the default server code, but I could be wrong. As for the guidelines, here's a quote from another post from yesterday, basically outlining our procedures:

The normal procedure in these circumstances (assuming the report has been filed by a civilian, or the player is observed breaking the rules by an officer) is as follows:

An officer or admin will warn the player(s) when they are breaking the rules. We will warn them in chat, and over VOIP when possible. We attempt to warn players a few times, unless they show blatant disregard for all rules and an unwillingness to listen.

If they continue to disregard the rules, an admin will be requested to kick the offending player. If they rejoin, they will be warned once again.

If the player continues along this process, and chooses to continue violating the rules, an admin may choose to ban them. Understand, banning someone will blacklist them from ALL NYPD servers. As such, banning is reserved only for those occasions where blatant disregard of the community is taking place, and the admins feel it is the best interest of the community to blacklist that player.

An supervisor/admin will review all complaints/reports, including yours, and will investigate to determine the appropriate course of action in each case. Video evidence always helps. We always appreciate legitimate reports, so everyone can benefit from a player-friendly RolePlay server.

█████████████████

I AM THE SHEEPDOG.
R. James
Commissioner

In Game Job : NYPD

Back to top Go down

Re: On the topic of Bans.

Post by KlutchDecals on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:38 pm

Nice! Glad to see it already in place. I just saw a bunch of bans in a row and ill admit, Im ignorant to the circumstances, it just seemed like a good 5 or six in a row haha. Thanks for the reply!
KlutchDecals
Civilian

In Game Job : Owner of Tequi-la-la

http://www.KlutchDecals.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top