GTA 5 Police
Welcome to GTA 5 Police Community Forums!
Home of the New York City Role play Servers.
Please make your forum account to match your in game name.

Officer "jon" abuse of authority on server 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Officer "jon" abuse of authority on server 1

Post by Facewreck on Wed May 17, 2017 12:06 am

Officer Jon wasn't even involved in my situation, but I had planned out and picked a small vehicle that could fit into the bank doors in paleto bay, long story short officer Jon from a remote location jailed me for "failedRP" then his reason was because having a car in a bank is unreasonable. I specifically picked a small enough vehicle in order to pull off this job, but on top of that a RP situation was unfolding and this officer interrupted that completely unnecessarily over reasons that I completely disagree with. After remotely sending me to jail the officer refused to explain the logic behind jailing me for fail RP and instead berated me for my full 20 minute sentence, as soon as my 20 minute sentence was up I asked officer jon to explain to me why or how I was fail RP'ing like an adult instead of a child insulting me and he just says " Ok have fun m8 " and kicks me from the server.

Original footage of job: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Officer jon kicking me after 20 minute sentence: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I understand that I may not have been perfect in these situations either, but a successful RP server is 100% reliant on having mature and reasonable police officers, I love your servers a ton and think this officer does not do a good job representing your servers and your community.

Facewreck
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Re: Officer "jon" abuse of authority on server 1

Post by Captncrunch on Wed May 17, 2017 12:14 am

Why do you people drive cars in the bank.. This was crap from the very beginning.
Your screaming Fail RP, but you drove your car and parked it in the bank.... Dude please stop wasting space in the report thread.
Captncrunch
Commissioner

In Game Job : NYPD Police Officer

http://www.gtapolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Facewreck on Wed May 17, 2017 12:16 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Why do you people drive cars in the bank.. This was crap from the very beginning.
Your screaming Fail RP, but you drove your car and parked it in the bank.... Dude please stop wasting space in the report thread.

I don't see anything specified in your rules.

Are you telling me a vehicle with a 5 foot span cannot fit through a door with a 6 foot gap? please explain to me how that is fail RP.

edit* and at that rate, where is your limit? can a small motorcycle not fit through tat 6 foot door also? and metrics aside, the officers handling of the situation was terrible.

Last edited by Facewreck on Thu May 18, 2017 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Facewreck
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by ZacTheCanadian on Wed May 17, 2017 12:17 am

1. You just showed a video of you driving a car in the bank (which is FailRP) and driving it out of the bank.
2. he shot at you because you were using the car as a deadly weapon
3. You were kicked for Spamming the chat.

this post is unnecessary
ZacTheCanadian
Chief of Department

In Game Job : NYPD

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBK8vKKNPDzYhuLnehDtjag

Back to top Go down

Post by Facewreck on Wed May 17, 2017 12:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:1. You just showed a video of you driving a car in the bank (which is FailRP) and driving it out of the bank.
2. he shot at you because you were using the car as a deadly weapon
3. You were kicked for Spamming the chat.

this post is unnecessary  

1. How is fitting a small vehicle into a door fail RP? I do not see that in any rules ANYWHERE, I specifically went and found a vehicle that would work for this job, and again, where does this line get drawn? can I small motorcycle not fit inside also? is a bicycle indoors somehow "fail RP " ?

2. He tried to shoot my tires out, but this was a separate officer, and this interaction was totally fine and 100% RP

3. Kicked for spamming is a copout, he refused to talk to me like an adult for a single moment, I typed 2-3 messages in a 15-20 second period of time. you're just quick to hop on the bandwagon.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote: this post is unnecessary  

These condescending kind of comments are what's unnecessary.

Facewreck
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Captncrunch on Wed May 17, 2017 1:05 am

I'm not going to sit here and explain why your car inside the dam bank is not realistic.
Sorry bud but driving anything inside any building other then a garage would get you kicked off the server from me.
My only question to my cops should be why were you not removed or anyone doing this from the session.
Captncrunch
Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Facewreck on Wed May 17, 2017 2:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'm not going to sit here and explain why your car inside the dam bank is not realistic.

Please do, because right now it seems like you're ignorantly taking the side of people within your community, but not really concerned about the RP.

I on the other hand will provide facts as to why it IS realistic;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

whoa, logic.

Facewreck
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordie on Wed May 17, 2017 6:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'm not going to sit here and explain why your car inside the dam bank is not realistic.

Please do, because right now it seems like you're ignorantly taking the side of people within your community, but not really concerned about the RP.

whoa, logic.
What you're trying to imply is completely false, We do not take the sides of whom are in our community more than players, Driving a car into a bank to prevent people from getting in is not allowed, After you proceeded to leave the bank (In the car) the officer(s) in involved had shot your tires, Which is allowed because A) You're attempting to rob a bank B) Because you're trying to flee.

Before jumping to a conclusion you should take common sense into consideration.
Jordie
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Facewreck on Wed May 17, 2017 1:45 pm

whoa, logic.
What you're trying to imply is completely false, We do not take the sides of whom are in our community more than players, Driving a car into a bank to prevent people from getting in is not allowed, After you proceeded to leave the bank (In the car) the officer(s) in involved had shot your tires, Which is allowed because A) You're attempting to rob a bank B) Because you're trying to flee.

The car was far enough in the bank that people could still get in and out, not to mention the officer could easily barricade the door with his vehicle.

Not to mention after looking extensively through your server rules I see absolutely nothing that prohibits this. Irrelevant from the fact that nearly every other populated server is ok with this.

I never complained about the interaction between me and the officer outside the bank, In fact I already said myself that was a perfectly fine RP situation.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote: Before jumping to a conclusion you should take common sense into consideration.

Furthermore, if you're going to make up rules on the fly, or if you actually do have them somewhere I missed, can you explain to me where your gray area ends?

Is a motorcycle not allowed inside also?

Facewreck
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by SystemInfo on Wed May 17, 2017 2:26 pm

Motorcycles would be ok in my book as they aren't as big as a car.

You may also want to ready out community rules and read the very bottom bit in RED:

I'm not going to punish my officer when he was doing his job and jailing your for failRP.

SystemInfo
Civilian

In Game Job : GTA 5 Police

Back to top Go down

Post by Captncrunch on Wed May 17, 2017 5:59 pm

whoa, logic.

The car was far enough in the bank that people could still get in and out, not to mention the officer could easily barricade the door with his vehicle.

Not to mention after looking extensively through your server rules I see absolutely nothing that prohibits this. Irrelevant from the fact that nearly every other populated server is ok with this.

I never complained about the interaction between me and the officer outside the bank, In fact I already said myself that was a perfectly fine RP situation.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote: Before jumping to a conclusion you should take common sense into consideration.

Furthermore, if you're going to make up rules on the fly, or if you actually do have them somewhere I missed, can you explain to me where your gray area ends?

Is a motorcycle not allowed inside also?

Ok Let me explain this to you once more.
NO VEHICLES ARE ALLOWED INSIDE ANY BANK.
I dont care what youtube videos you supplied, driving your car inside the bank because it fits, is the stupidest excuse ive heard yet.

I removed 2 people today for the something and I will continue to kick anyone that breaks the rules.
If you have an issue with this, then maybe this is not the servers for you.
Captncrunch
Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Facewreck on Thu May 18, 2017 7:06 pm

Ok Let me explain this to you once more.
NO VEHICLES ARE ALLOWED INSIDE ANY BANK.

From another officer in this thread;

RobertBram wrote:Motorcycles would be ok in my book as they aren't as big as a car.

At least get your officers on the same page, I hopped onto server 3 yesterday and asked police ooc and they said it was perfectly fine, completely inconsistent.

Facewreck
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by KarlTheFirst on Thu May 18, 2017 7:17 pm

Then everyone will be brought up to speed about such lack of common sense. Thank you for making this possible.
KarlTheFirst
Chief of Department

In Game Job : NYPD

Back to top Go down

Post by Facewreck on Thu May 18, 2017 7:22 pm

RobertBram wrote:Motorcycles would be ok in my book as they aren't as big as a car.

You may also want to ready out community rules and read the very bottom bit in RED:

I'm not going to punish my officer when he was doing his job and jailing your for failRP.

Thanks for being the one person here to cite a rule, however vague it may be, that does technically put me in the wrong in this situation although I still think things could have been handled much better.

Food for thought for example, where is the line drawn? street bikes are ok, what about a 4 wheel quad bike? That's not much bigger and could surely fit as well. What about the small sand buggies? etc.

I also never expected you to "punish" him;

I just think a clear line should be drawn, especially before doing something drastic like a 20 minute jailing, semantics aside I do my best to take RP serious in game and do my best to follow rules, this interaction felt like somebody spitting in my face, I know I'm a drop in the hat because your servers will likely always remain full regardless, but people like me also bring a lot to the table and you might not necessarily want to turn them away so quickly.

Last edited by Facewreck on Thu May 18, 2017 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Facewreck
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Captncrunch on Thu May 18, 2017 7:28 pm

Listen I don't know who told you it was ok but they are deeply mistaken just as you were at the time.
Also for the person that said motorcycles are ok in his book, it's not in mine just because now we have to classify which vehicles are acceptable to be inside a bank.

How's this.... NONE.

End of story and this thread.
This situation is over move on.
Captncrunch
Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Facewreck on Thu May 18, 2017 7:33 pm

Also for the person that said motorcycles are ok in his book, it's not in mine just because now we have to classify which vehicles are acceptable to be inside a bank.

How's this.... NONE.

That's fine, then clarify that in your rules and get your people on the same page, that way people who read the rules and take RP seriously like myself can not unnecessarily get jailed for 20 minutes then spoken to like a child.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote: I know I'm a drop in the hat because your servers will likely always remain full regardless, but people like me also bring a lot to the table and you might not necessarily want to turn them away so quickly.

Facewreck
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Captncrunch on Fri May 19, 2017 9:11 am

Understandable , if you take a look at the /rules it clearly states this and it has since those jobs were added.
Also I do not like the fact of anyone being jailed for 9999 that is not acceptable in my book.
We will get all officers together and we will clearly have to go over things.

Thank you for your report and hopefully we can make things clear for everyone.
Captncrunch
Commissioner

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top