GTA 5 Police
Welcome to GTA 5 Police Community Forums!
Home of the New York City Role play Servers.
Please make your forum account to match your in game name.

Cops abusing power and FailRP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cops abusing power and FailRP

Post by theace001 on Sun May 28, 2017 3:22 am

so i was on the New York server 3 with some friends of mine. we were just going around doing our thing when we noticed in the chat that several people were being jailed for 1000 seconds, but no banks or stores were being robbed. we went to the police station to find out what was going on. the three cops on the server who were RPing at the time, Dick Dover, McKenna, and Nsayne, were abusing their console commands to teleport people to jail. these people were loitering outside the police station talking about the banks not allowing people to rob them since the server updated. they were not trying to disrupt the police business; they were just there far enough away from the police building that the voice proximity was not bothering the cops.

i called the cops out for fail RP for not arresting people and telling them their rights. they told us to leave the area. one of my friends told Dick Dover he didn't have to leave because the lobby and sidewalk are public domain, and legally, in real life, the police do not have the ability to tell people to leave a public area unless a crime had been committed there. Dick Dover just got pissed at my friend and killed him. The other people on the server who were still sitting around the police station listening to us argue about public domain and how Dick Dover (and the other two) felt standing on a public sidewalk was FailRP began to criticize the cops for killing my friend to shut him up. Dick Dover and Nsayne both pulled their guns and all hell broke lose with everyone shooting each other. the two people who killed the cops got banned without warnings or explanations. it was not until after they were banned and someone asked why they were banned that Dick Dover began screaming at everyone saying we were all FailRPing for being in a public space. The bans continued after that for other reasons Dick Dover, Nsayne, and McKenna did not give.

please look into the RPing the cops are allowed. they should not be allowed to do things outside the RP to get personal revenge against someone on the server they dislike which was used and abused dozens of times this evening.

theace001
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Re: Cops abusing power and FailRP

Post by ebacriby on Sun May 28, 2017 3:30 am

The are literally baiting others into being arrested and doing unlawful arrests against people that are standing outside of the police station. These players that this server has given cop duties to are just Ludacris!

ebacriby
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex O'Connor on Sun May 28, 2017 5:54 am

Hello,

Sorry this has happened to yourself, let me start of by asking why were you at or around PD at the time? Where you reporting a crime or were you hangout with your friends?

If you were trying to report a crime then yes we will have to get this resolved as soon as.
If you were only there to hang out with friends then the officer has every right for you to move away from PD, the reason for this is because it can cause the full server to come down to PD and think it is a hangout meet spot which it is not allowed.
If an officer tells you to leave PD cause your hangout there then you have to leave otherwise you will be jailed for failing to comply with law enforcement which is what it lead to. 1000 seconds was a bit steep for something like that, but could also come down to how many times the officer told you to leave and if you started and argument with him to try and win the situation.

I will have a word with the 3 officers you have mentioned and get there side of the story into what happened and take any action necessary.

Thanks
Alex O'Connor
Police Officer

In Game Job : NYPD Police Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by theace001 on Sun May 28, 2017 4:52 pm

initially, no we did not go there to report a crime, but once we were there, there were several violations by npcs and people on the sever including cops just shooting people on the side walk and handcuffing people and leaving them in the road to be hit by the npcs. we were on the corner on the other side of the sign right outside the police station. they asked us to move to the other side of the street, and we did.

the issue was more the cops inside the PD using teleports to send people they did not arrest to prisoin. the friend who was teleported was driving away on the interstate when they just got randomly thrown in prison for 1000 seconds. that was really a failRP which was the excuse given for sending people to prison.

there were definitely people trying to bait the cops and being annoying. i was just saying they should have been arrested before they were sent to jail, though my friends and i were not taking part. my friend who was sent to jail just drove off too fast, ran some red lights, and hit some npc's cars. i think it more a culmination of all the other people baiting that the traffic violations outside the police station was just a breaking point.

on an aside, why is it not allowed to meet near (not inside) the PD? my friends and i (though others were doing so) were not trying to attack or antagonize the police on the server at the time, and the three of us were not banned. I was just saying since the sidewalk is considered public property (we were not inside the PD), in general as a server rule, it is a failRP to kick people out.

Last edited by theace001 on Sun May 28, 2017 5:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more background info; spelling/grammar)

theace001
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate Craft on Sun May 28, 2017 6:07 pm

The problem with everyone being at PD is the cops cant go out and patrol the streets (which is what they should be doing) when half the server is in 1 location. I've seen people get around 10-15 min or so in prison for loitering outside the PD and honestly I feel theres no problem with that. Im sure no one on the servers has ever went to their local PD irl and just hungout with their friends to kill time. I know sometimes i get frustrated with some of the police but i cant really complain because i wouldnt even want to go through some of the stuff they have to deal with. Just gotta remember that its a public server so they are dealing with alot of people that have never RP'd before and im sure it can get pretty hectic at times. Also they are hiring alot of new cops atm so some of the officers are still going through training and learning the ropes so they might not be as professional as they should be at times.

Did your friend happen to be in a police car when he was sent to prison?

Nate Craft
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by theace001 on Sun May 28, 2017 6:46 pm

no my friend was in his own car. i drove past it about 5 minutes later and it was just sitting in the highway getting hit by npcs. really, it wasnt what happened to them as much as in generall just sending people to prison without arresting them. the cop cars had all been moved to the garage or deleted.

theace001
Civilian

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top