GTA 5 Police
Welcome to GTA 5 Police Community Forums!
Home of the New York City Role play Servers.
Please make your forum account to match your in game name.

Admin problem: Alex O'Connor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Admin problem: Alex O'Connor

Post by Zomboni on Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:27 pm

I've only been in server for several weeks and it's been pretty positive. Today I had a problem with Alex O'Connor and his attitude toward moving players to Server #4. I realize this may be your policy, and he may have been just acting within server guidelines, but I had been in-game for more than an hour when suddenly he asked one other guy and I to leave Server #1 (which was full along with Server #2) and to go to Server #4 (which was dead).

My problems, either with how he handled it OR with your policies related to this (if he acted properly in accordance with your guidelines), are these:

1) I feel that an admin should ask the most recently-joined players to transfer servers when necessary. It makes no sense for a player who has been in for an hour and is involved in RP to have to break RP to join a dead server, especially if some other player joined server only in the last few minutes.

2) I asked for some extra time because I had just started a transport run, which was granted, but within a few minutes I was "sessioned" and, as soon as I was sessioned (like IMMEDIATELY), O'Connor insisted that "any sessioned player relog immediately," and then he specifically told me to. I don't think that was coincidental. It felt like a crappy, passive-aggressive way to get me out of server before my transport job was done.

3) There was no decent response as to why a few players had to move to Server #4. He mentioned that he had just been ordered to move some players. If it was for server balancing, this is ridiculous. Server #4 was dead. It was clear to me that O'Connor was clearing out a few slots for friends or other admins or someone.

4) The other player that O'Connor asked to leave started bartering with him to be paid to leave. I chimed in like-wise, that I could quit my transport mission if payment was involved (though this still seemed pretty shitty, to bribe players to leave so your buddies can join your server). The first guy said he got $200k. I asked for the same or comparable and got no response from O'Connor. Then the sessioning thing happened and he never really responded to me after that.

5) If I have any struggle with the servers, it's borderline admin-abuses of privilege like this (and sometimes more obvious abuses, or at least an inconsistency in how the "law" is enforced as well as a great deal of nepotism toward the admins' friends).

Zomboni
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin problem: Alex O'Connor

Post by Unit 219 | Chance Noonan on Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:08 am

He genuinely was asked by senior management staff to get players to come to server #4 so we could test out new scripts with a bunch of civilians. Just sayin.
Unit 219 | Chance Noonan
Senior Management Team

In Game Job : NYPD

http://www.bluefangsolutions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zomboni on Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:28 am

I figured there could be legit reasons, but the way it worked was stupid. It's easy to ask the most recent 5 who joined the server to hop over. Also, the whole "throwing around 200k willy-nilly" but then not hooking me up, too, is bad for your servers. When admins aren't careful with giving out free money (especially to one another, or themselves, as I've witnessed), it destroys the validity of the economy. Why the f*** should I drive 10 transport missions when I could just barter my way into getting bribed to hop servers, or when I could become best buds with an admin who will just gift me $500k.

That's a problem.

Zomboni
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Unit 219 | Chance Noonan on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:47 am

Not sure if he did that or why he would do that. Regardless I believe money is still going to be wiped once the new jobs are released since the new jobs will have a huge impact on the economy so everyone will start fresh at least with money.
Unit 219 | Chance Noonan
Senior Management Team

http://www.bluefangsolutions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by James Falcone on Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:09 pm

I'm throwing my two cents in since I was on the server at the time.

There was a server wide announcement to meet at the park so this could be discussed with everyone. This was done while you were arguing with multiple people about how stupid the gameplay mechanics are (specifically that you couldn't steal cars and then store them in your garage, and also refusing to accept anybodies answer or basically refrain from repeating "it's so dumb this is GTA"). So, if you would have been able to attend the meeting at the park, you would have been given specific reasons as to why, and it could be explained in detail that it would be very helpful to future development of the servers.

As chance mentioned, senior management came in and requested that they are wanting to populate server 4 so they could test it out. In regards to the "sessioned" issue, that was completely unrelated. I was actually sessioned as well, which brought the attention that individuals were being sessioned (to my knowledge nobody has the power to "session" specific individuals). He was able to pinpoint you and multiple others because they could reference the player list that shows people who weren't sessioned, and you were missing, while still talking in chat, indicating you were sessioned as well (i believe about half the server was sessioned at the same time, not just you).

As far as the money, I honestly don't know why you weren't offered. In my personal opinion, it would be because you were arguing with every individual on the server about different things, and just generally being difficult.

I don't have a problem with you, I've run into you a few times and have had fun RP experiences with you. I'm going to chalk this up to you having an off day or something, but this isn't something that was done to specifically target you.

James Falcone
Civilian

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top