GTA 5 Police
Welcome to GTA 5 Police Community Forums!
Home of the New York City Role play Servers.
Please make your forum account to match your in game name.

Defense Attorneys Application

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Defense Attorneys Application

Post by Brian GOdfrey on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:26 am

Greetings,

As you all know, crime is a big part of the RP gameplay. Naturally, the accused would need legal representation.

Now, as you may know Miranda Rights states that once a person is arrested, they can call an attorney or have one provided for them.

I'd like to introduce the New York Legal Bar.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Basically, if you're an aspiring lawyer/defense attorney you have to be part of the bar. Admins are automatically part of the bar, although are non-practicing (I.E. CaptnCrunch, Alex O'Connor etc.) They will just refer you to the active ones to handle your application.

To apply, just pm me, Wayne Valentino or Richard Dick. You may also contact any current member of the bar. You NEED to have Teamspeak3. You'd need to be interviewed and approved by at least 2 people of the bar. The bar consists of admins and the senior partners of the firm (me, Wayne Valentino, and Richard Dick).

To be a lawyer, you'd have to "shadow" any current practicing attorney in 10 cases. You can only shadow Junior Partners above. You cannot shadow associates and state attorneys. Once that's through you would be a member of the bar. This will be the current standard until otherwise stated. If you've gotten in the bar through this, any changes made unto the handling of the applications of lawyers will be treated as a "grandfather clause" for previous attorneys. Thus, previous attorney's would not have to take any test that may present here thereafter. *Bar exam is in the works*

Other requirements include that you should be well-versed on NY State law. Google is your friend. You should know the typical cases that are often done in game. I.e. robbery, extortion, traffic laws, brandishing of firearms (2nd Ammendment) etc.

Familiarize yourself with the charges here: http://www.gtapolice.net/t626-public-list-of-charges

All Attorneys are required to be in a presentable outfit. That being said, closed shoes and pants for males. Long sleeved collared shirts are necessary. Coats are highly encouraged.
For females, corporate attire would do. Pencil skirts, or pants, closed shoes and a long sleeved blouse. Blazers are highly encouraged.

You'd also have to be well-versed in English. It doesn't matter if it's your native language or not, just as long as you can articulate yourself well with the language. A Mic is a must. If you cannot converse in-game, you may use TS3.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lawyers then have the option to choose between being part of the private practice law firm (NY Legal) or being a state attorney.

If you RDM, VDM, failRp or violate any other server rules. You may be permanently disbarred. This also does not include any jail sentence, kicks or bans you may receive from me or the other admins.

Given that you'd like to be an attorney. You should not be engaging in any criminal activity. If you are caught, you will be disbarred. (Just don't get caught, innocent until proven guilty)

If you are a state attorney, you're basically independent. The Police department will call on you and you have to represent any client that requests for a state attorney. Typically, state attorneys are paid by the state, not by the client. Please contact any admin or head of the bar for state funding, you may also contact me or Wayne. But if they wish to pay you, that is between you and them. All cases you do are solo.

If you wish to be part of the law firm. Just notify any of the senior partners. That includes me, Wayne Valentino, and Richard Dick. Just be on team speak 3 and poke us. These are the people that consist of NY Legal Law Firm.

There'd be another Law Firm coming up made by Daniel "Tim Cadzon" Valkos. Name is pending.

If you're part of the law firm, you primarily work for any client you wish. You will start off as an associate. You may also work as a legal team, along with other members of the law firm. You're typically paid by your client. You have the option to still do pro-bono or serve as an attorney for those requesting a state attorney. You may also receive a certain amount by becoming a member of the law firm, depending of course on your current rank.

Law Firm Hierarchy is as follows:
Junior Associate------>Senior Associate-----> Junior Partner --------> Senior Partner

Typically to move from Junior Associate to Senior Associate you'd need to at least do 10 cases on your own.

To move from Senior Associate to Junior Partner, you'd need around 20 cases.

These are subject to change without prior notice and is not always the determining factor. Demeanor and performance will also be taken into account.

To get up the ranks you just have to keep taking cases. The guys over at PD will tell us if you're great at your job and deserve a promotion. You can also hit us up on TS3 so we can watch how you work. You'd need at least 2 Senior Partners to verify your progress and approve you to be upgraded to a higher rank. You'd need at least 3 Senior Partners to verify your progress from Senior Associate to Junior Partner. If you're moving from Junior Partner to Senior Partner, You'd need the approval of all the current Senior Partners currently active.

If you have IRL legal experience (i.e. Attorney, Paralegal, Law Student, Law Enforcement) please do contact us at TS3.

At the moment, people who who head the bar are the senior partners of the NY Legal and the admins.

This is in preparation for court hearings. Police would have their own prosecutors, they'll be the Lieutenants or higher.

I hope this finds you well. If you wish to apply, just shoot a reply down below and hop on teamspeak or find us in game.

Thank You!

Last edited by Brian GOdfrey on Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:33 pm; edited 3 times in total

Brian GOdfrey
Senior Management Team

Back to top Go down

Re: Defense Attorneys Application

Post by Cadzon on Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:53 pm

Hello, I have read through the application document and I'm interested in becoming a lawyer! Let me know what I need to do more than read "charges list".

Daniel "Tim Cadzon"
Cadzon
EMS Paramedic

In Game Job : Emergency Medical Services

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian GOdfrey on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:35 am

@Cadzon wrote:Hello, I have read through the application document and I'm interested in becoming a lawyer! Let me know what I need to do more than read "charges list".

Daniel "Tim Cadzon"

Hi Daniel "Tim Cadzon"!

Thank You for taking interest into becoming one of the Defense Attorneys. Apart from familiarizing yourself with the list of charges, you'd just have to "shadow" or intern in 10 cases from any of the current partners. Just log on to the teamspeak channel (gta5police.teamspeak3.com) and look for me, Wayne Valentino or Richard Dick to coordinate.

Thanks and we look forward to working with you!

Brian GOdfrey
Senior Management Team

Back to top Go down

Post by James Falcone on Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:41 pm

I'm not sure if you take character references, but I've had a few interactions with Cadzon and he is a really cool and helpful guy. Can't say I've ever had a negative experience.

James Falcone
Civilian

In Game Job : NYPD

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian GOdfrey on Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:44 pm

@James Falcone wrote:I'm not sure if you take character references, but I've had a few interactions with Cadzon and he is a really cool and helpful guy.   Can't say I've ever had a negative experience.

Thanks for the feedback James, I've already spoke to him. Thanks!

Brian GOdfrey
Senior Management Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayne Valentino on Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:27 pm

I'v taken a while to deal with issues between people and their issues with the attorney position and tbh its not worth it... Everyone comes to me with problems that have nothing to do with me or the firm... Also my lawyers break laws... I cannot be held responsible like I am now. I here by step down as lead lawyer of the firm. Thank you for those who supported me. But for now I will take a step back and maybe be a lawyer for who ever starts a new firm. I cannot wake up to the entire police force sending me messages on who has broken a law anymore. Until this is a whitelist job I cannot be held and hold other people to those same standers.  

Yours truly  

Wayne Valentino
NYC Legal Services

In Game Job : Attorney

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian GOdfrey on Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:24 pm

For all cops that have any complaints against lawyers, please do reach me on TS3. Please do remember to take screen shots and any type of evidence (arrest records etc).

Thanks

Brian GOdfrey
Senior Management Team

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top