GTA 5 Police
Welcome to GTA 5 Police Community Forums!
Home of the New York City Role play Servers.
Please make your forum account to match your in game name.

Question/suggestion about trucker job

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question/suggestion about trucker job

Post by Daveheart on Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:45 am

Hi everyone.

This is not a bug report, but something I think is set to be this way. I'm not certain if it's intentional, or something i'm doing wrong.

When I drive my Truck to the destination, naturally, I press "H" to detach the trailer and I get paid.
Then I get kicked out of the truck and can't drive it back to the terminal.

This leaves me having to find a way all the way back across the map.
My first day, not knowing any better, I was just trying to take a car from an npc and drive back. I realized that is failRP.
I bought a motorcycle, and since there IS a garage access where the truck destination is (I think it's Don's Country Store), I CAN drive the motorcycle back the truck terminal.
If I do that though, and take the next truck, to the destination, then my bike won't be in the garage, it will be at the trucking terminal, and I won't be able to call it at the Country Store when i get there.
So I have to drive my motorcycle to the nearest garage access, and walk, or try to hitch a ride the rest of the way to the trucking terminal.

Since the goal is to Roleplay, which is basically, trying to do like you would do in Real life, but in the game. Of course, there are limitations to what we can do, but how about not kick me out of the truck?

I work next to a trucking terminal IRL.
Truckers drive their cars to work (the trucking terminal).
Then take a truck, attach to a trailer, and go down the road.
They sometimes drop off a trailer, swap trailers, etc.
Then they come back, park the Truck, get back in their car.

I've never seen one come back in a taxi or walking.

Seems like, we could make it so the player doesn't get kicked out of the truck but HAS to bring the truck back to the destination before starting another trucking job, or add another garage access at the trucking terminal.

If there's something I'm missing, please let me know.
Thanks for reading this far!
Daveheart
Civilian

In Game Job : Trucker

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top