GTA 5 Police
Welcome to GTA 5 Police Community Forums!
Home of the New York City Role play Servers.
Please make your forum account to match your in game name.

Ban appeal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ban appeal

Post by Ezio Maranzano on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:16 am

Greetings,

Although I accept my punishment and if need be, will carry it out. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. Considering I love this server too much <3

Summary of the incident:

I was hired to perform a hit on someone, I walked up to them (making sure they were active and not AFK) After receiving a response I gave the message my employer wanted me to give. I proceeded to take out a Tommy Gun where the person than got off the bike and proceeded to melee me. We fought for a short time before I ultimately won the fight. Sitting in a parking space five feet from where I was performing this "shock and awe" hit was an Admin watching the situation.

After I killed the person, he told me that I had failRP'd and proceeded to punch me to death (I was confused and didn't want to defend myself out of fear of messing up anything else) I was then informed through in-game chat that I had to /me a gun of that size into existence, which I was not aware of (I have since read the rules, and I can't find a place where it states I have to do that - Please tell me if I'm overlooking it) After being informed, I immediately apologized and engaged in a conversation with the victim and admin to see if I could in anyway fix the situation.

I issued an apology in-game as well as on the forums. I was then (understandably, however I wasn't explained the situation in depth, so that I could better learn from it) banned for FailRP for a week(He told me I would have to re-apply for the white list, is this true?). Which I have no issue with if I had committed offenses in the past. However I believe that for something where, with everything resolved, nothing was ultimately lost aside from a few minutes and it being my first mistake and a misunderstanding was a bit of a harsh sentence under the circumstances of the event.  

To summarize my appeal:
I acknowledge that I FailRP'd, however I feel that it is a harsh sentence (week ban) for the situation. Considering that it was my first offense, a complete misunderstanding and that I actively attempted to resolve the situation and apologize in a professional and polite manner.

I hope to get this situation resolved or explained further so that I can better understand the situation I'm currently in, thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Ezio Maranzano.

P.S: I just have one extra question that was irrelevant to the summary/appeal, are admins or people of similar power not allowed to intervene and prevent situations like that from unfolding? After all, he sat there and watched it all unfold. I feel that if he would of stepped in and spoken to me before the situation had finished this could all have been prevented and me educated on the proper etiquette without a week long ban. (I wouldn't expect him to, however immediately after he addressed the situation, leaving me to believe he watch it unfold in the first place).
Disclaimer- I am in now way blaming the Admin or anyone else for my actions.
Ezio Maranzano
Civilian

In Game Job : Miner

Back to top Go down

Re: Ban appeal

Post by Johny on Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi,

unfortunately checking this out with the higher ups we are not going to be letting you back into the whitelist server as of yet, the decision has been made by the commissioner that you should wait a week from being kicked off the whitelist to then reapplying.

thanks,

Lieutenant Johny
Johny
Lieutenant

In Game Job : NYPD Police Officer

Back to top Go down

Re: Ban appeal

Post by Ezio Maranzano on Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:57 pm

Thank you to everyone for clearing this up, I'm looking forward to a second chance on the 19th. Enjoy the premiere of GoT tonight, take care.
Ezio Maranzano
Civilian

In Game Job : Miner

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top